Monday, September 6, 2010

Socks

Some nights you wake up with a stroke of genius, you think you may have just figure out the mysteries of the universe or how to end poverty. But when you wake up you find that the only thing you’ve scribbled down on that notepad beside your bed is the word “Socks”. Tonight definitely isn’t one of those nights. Its almost midnight and I can’t seem to fall asleep. Actually thats kind of a lie. I haven’t really tried to sleep, I don’t want to. I feel too unsettles in this place. The noises are strange and unfamiliar. Someone keeps opening a door somewhere and I find that I keep looking up every time I hear it, in case its someone coming into my room, but then I remember that other people live here in this building and the paper-thin walls leave little of privacy. Every T.v show watched, song played or child screaming can be heard by maybe... 20, 30, 40 people?

I thought moving would be “no big deal”. I could handle it for sure, I mean I’ve been counting down the days until I get to be out on my own, away from family rules and traditions. But here I am at 1:48 am, hiding under my blankets like I did when I was a kid and the latest monster I had dreamed up was out to get me. I’m doing it as to not wake my roommate with the clacking of my keyboard, the blankets will muffle the sound. Or so I’m telling myself... I’ve just noticed that I’ve been clenching my jaw...I didn’t think I did that.

Tonight I’m confused. I’m unsure. I’m uncomfortable. All my future plans are shattering through my head. Yet I still don’t feel scared, or nervous. At least not any form of those two emotions I’ve ever felt before. I know who I am, more than I ever have, and I know what I want. And so I emerge from under the blankets (it was getting kind of hot under there, and my neck was starting to cramp)I know Mother Nature will take care of me, and things always work out the way they are meant to. “Things are going to happen naturally” (Jason Mraz)

Don’t look under the bed, Maddie

Ps. My scanner is not living with me at the moment, pictures will be uploaded as soon as it is!

Pps. I recently just found out that ‘ps’ stands for ‘post script’. I guess you really do learn something new everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment