Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Smell Of Change


Isn’t it strange how a new place can inspire new ideas. The way I see it, we come prepared with all the ideas we will ever need in our life floating around in our head. It just takes new experiences and maybe a few lessons learnt to pull them out and make them legible to us. It’s also strange how things always seem to come around right when you need them the most (If you know it or not).

A few months ago I was sitting at home freaking out at Kijiji because there weren’t any places for rent around the University I had just got accepted to. Everything had already been rented out and I was having visions of me living in my parents home for the rest of my life. But then, a friend I had met in that Community College course that I grumpily took to make my parents happy in their attempt to keep me at home for as long as they could, contacted me because he had been accepted into the same University as me. So here I am, three months later, sitting in our new downtown apartment, tired from scrubbing the floors clean and removing the dead, dried out fish I found in the cupboard (the sad thing is, thats not even a joke...). As I sit here alone, listening to the sound of a lawnmower cutting the grass ten floors below me, I search my mind for flaws to the theory that “everything happens for a reason” I can’t find any and thats reassuring.

Not everything in life is going to turn out the way you think its going to. In fact, maybe nothing will turn out the way you had planned. But I think thats alright, someone, somewhere out there has something in mind for your life. You just have to learn to listen to that little voice and trust its judgment. It’s okay to have future goals for yourself but don’t get too caught up in them, if you always have everything planned out with no margin for error you might miss something really great that you’d never expect to do. Change is good. It’s always good in my opinion. After all, if nothing ever changed there’d be no butterflies.




-Forever changing, Maddie.

No comments:

Post a Comment